Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Bree Van de Kamp's raspberry lemon muffins

Ok, not really. But kinda. A friend of mine was sick last week so I decided to be very Bree Van De Kamp and make her a tray of muffins. Because nothing cures the common cold like baked goods. In my experience anyway.


 I didn't get off work until after 9pm so I came home, devised my little muffin baking plan and then searched my cabinets hoping to find some ingredients to throw together. I briefly considered using a can of tuna and some tea bags but luckily I found a bag of organic raspberries in the freezer and a couple of fresh lemons. Whew, that was close. I don't think she likes tuna. Here's what I came up with:


Cream 1/2 cup butter and 1 1/4 cup sugar together. Beat in 2 eggs. Add in 2 cups flour and 1/2 cup milk alternately. Add zest and juice of one lemon. Fold in raspberries and bake 350 for 30 minutes.


Now. I, for some odd reason (perhaps it was delirium from baking at 10pm), decided to add a dash of nutmeg ( ? ) and then top the muffins with brown sugar. Not real sure what I was going for with that but I don't recommend it. The nutmeg overpowered the lemon so much that I had to make a glaze out of the juice from the remaining lemon and some sugar. That fixed the problem. But still....next time I will definitely ixnay the nutmeg.

No comments:

Post a Comment